PEN Center USA will present an Emerging Voices Fellowship panel of current and former Emerging Voices Fellows and mentors for the benefit of interested applicants. Drinks to follow.
Emerging Voices is a literary fellowship that aims to provide new writers, who lack access, with the tools they will need to launch a professional writing career.
Over the course of the year, each Emerging Voices fellow participates in:
• A professional mentorship with a published author
• Hosted Q & A evenings with prominent local authors
• A series of master classes focused on genre
• A voice instruction class and recording session
• A 25-hour volunteer project
• Three public readings in Los Angeles
The fellowship includes a $1,000 stipend.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 12, 2013
Participants need not be published, but the fellowship is directed toward poets and writers of fiction and creative nonfiction with clear ideas of what they hope to accomplish through their writing.
PEN Center USA's mission is to stimulate and maintain interest in the written word, to foster a vital literary culture, and to defend freedom of expression domestically and internationally.