With your help we've raised over $2,000 for the Standing Rock Sioux!
Donation cards are available at the store - all proceeds go to Standing Rock.
I'd Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had: My Year As a Rookie Teacher at Northeast High (Crown Archetype)
Beloved actor and rookie high school teacher Tony Danza will discuss and sign his new book about his year of teaching tenth-grade English at Philidelphia's largest high school.
"In this endearing memoir, Danza defies expectations…[filled with] refreshing honesty…provides insights into a teacher’s daily life." --Publishers Weekly
"It takes a lot of courage to stand in front of a group of teens and proclaim yourself their teacher. It takes even more to be a good one -- someone who sees each student as an individual with a unique life story. Tony Danza put himself forward to teach children and learn from them, knowing that the more he really understood these kids the better teacher he could be for them. We easily forget how truly difficult it is to be a transformational teacher and in these pages you can see that’s what he became." --Rosalind Wiseman, New York Times bestselling author of Queen Bees & Wannabees
We're expecting a crowd, so due to time constraints, here are some guidelines for the event:
- Mr. Danza will only be signing copies of his books. Please leave memorabilia at home!
- Photos may be taken during the talk and from the signing line, but there will be no time for posed photos while you are having your book signed.
- There will be a Q&A session during the event, but questions must be sent to our staff in advance. Please e-mail your question to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject heading "TONY DANZA Q&A." Include your question and your name; our event host will read your name and your question out at the event. It's possible that we won't have time for all questions.
- You must buy a copy of I'd Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had here at Skylight Books in order to get a ticket to the signing line. The book goes on sale Sept. 11. From that date until the event, signing line tickets will be available with purchase of Mr. Danza's book at our front register. You may also have a ticket held for you if you buy your copy of the book over the phone or through our website (web orders may be placed up to one day before the event).
- Members of our Friends with Benefits program will get priority signing line tickets, in addition to 20% off this and all primary event titles for the month. Mention your membership when you purchase your book, or join before the event.
Tony Danza, before he grew up and starred in such classic TV series as Taxi and Who’s the Boss? as well as on Broadway, was a "discipline problem" at Long Island’s Malverne High School, for which he is deeply apologetic. These days, he divides his time between New York City and Los Angeles.