The ultimate California cookbook: 125+ rustic and delicious dishes from Los Angeles's most talked-about restaurant.
Gjelina in Venice Beach, California, is lauded by critics from London to New York to San Francisco. It is beloved by stars, locals, and out-of-towners alike for its seductive simplicity and seasonal, vegetable-centric New American menu created by talented chef Travis Lett.
cookbook captures the vibe and allure of the restaurant with 125 easy-to-follow recipes for utterly delicious salads, toasts, pizzas, vegetable and grain dishes, pastas, fish and meat mains, and desserts that have had fans clamoring for a table since the original location burst onto the scene in 2008.
Mouthwatering recipes include:
- Broccoli rabe pesto
- Grilled kale with shallot-yogurt dressing and toasted hazelnuts
- Smoked trout salad with grapefruit and avocado
- Mushroom toast
- Baby radishes with black olive and anchovy aioli
- Ricotta gnocchi with cherry tomato pomodoro
- Chickpea stew with tomato, turmeric, yogurt, and harissa
- Steaks with smoky tomato butter and cipollini
- Strawberry-rhubarb polenta crisp
- And much more
Named to LAist's list of Essential Los Angeles Cookbooks and BookAuthority's 100 Best-Selling Food Books of All Time, Gjelina
(the G is silent) is a gorgeous volume that features more than 150 color photographs from acclaimed photographer Michael Graydon and stylist Nikole Herriott. It is an irresistible gift or self-purchase for anyone who loves the art of food.
DESTINATION DINING BROUGHT TO HOME COOKING: Much like cookbook best sellers from such popular dining destinations as Ottolenghi, Tartine, and The French Laundry, Gjelina
is a cookbook for the way we want to eat now.
ACCESSIBLE RECIPES: Translating these rustic delights from the page to the table is easy with recipes that are thoroughly explained and photographs that showcase the visual appeal of each dish. With sections on condiments; salads; pizzas and toasts; vegetables; pasta; soups, stews, and grains; meat; fish; and desserts, there is an incredible range of flavors and options to explore.
ABOUT GJELINA: Named for founder Fran Camaj’s mother, Gjelina opened in 2008 serving locally sourced, produce-forward food and becoming a staple in the Venice community. The original location continues to thrive while the business has evolved to include Gjelina Take Away, Gjusta Bakery, and Gjusta Goods in Venice. Their first East Coast outpost, Gjelina NY, is planned for a location in Soho.
- Recreational cooks of all skill levels
- Fans of the Gjelina Group's restaurants
- Birthday, holiday, housewarming, or host/hostess gift for food enthusiasts or cookbook collectors
- Shelve alongside Malibu Farm Cookbook, Ottolenghi Flavor, Plenty, Chez Panisse Cooking, and Cook Beautiful