Coming Soon - Available for Pre-Order Now
Updated for the 80th anniversary of D-Day.
For families of the heroes who fought on the beaches of Normandy during World War II, for fans of Saving Private Ryan, or for traveler interested in history, here is the complete guide to visiting one of the world’s most historic battlefields.The D-Day Visitor’s Handbook
includes everything you need to know to plan and make your visit to the site of the biggest seaborne invasion in history. This compact guidebook not only describes the most significant land invasion of World War II, but provides detailed battlefield maps and tours, identifies monuments and attractions, and locates museums and historical sites to make your planning easier and less stressful.
This guide provides everything you need ahead of your visit, including:
The D-Day Visitor’s Handbook
- Easy-to-follow maps and tours
- Where to stay, dine, and shop
- Lists of the best D-Day museums
- How to find war relics still at the battlefield sites
- Historical context for each site, including a description of military action there
- A special bonus guide to World War II history and sites in Paris
contains a wealth of detailed information that is perfect for those considering travelling to France, anyone about to visit these sites, veterans, students of military history, and any others who wish to learn about the history of this legendary battle.