Possibly out of print. Email or call to check availability and price.
Discover New York State with Moon Travel Guides!From the iconic NYC skyline to the natural beauty of the Finger Lakes, Moon New York State reveals the best of the Empire State. Inside you'll find:
With Moon New York State's practical tips and local know-how, you can plan your trip your way.
- Strategic itineraries for every budget and timeline, from a weekend in the city to a two-week road trip
- Curated advice for culture mavens, foodies, outdoor enthusiasts, foliage-seekers, and more
- Unique activities and can't-miss sights: Visit historic landmarks and explore the charming riverside towns of the Hudson Valley. Sample local wine and cheese upstate, or have lunch at the Culinary Institute of America. Go hiking in the Catskills or boating on the Finger Lakes. Relax on the beaches of Montauk, or take an autumnal leaf-peeping tour. Walk the High Line, browse the quirky boutiques of Lower Manhattan, and grab a nightcap at a rooftop bar overlooking the city
- Day trips from New York City to Long Island, the Hudson Valley, and the Catskills
- Honest advice on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around from native New Yorker Julie Schwietert Collazo
- Detailed and thorough information, including background on history, culture, and geography
- Expertly crafted maps and reference photos throughout
- Focused coverage of New York City, Long Island, the Hudson Valley and the Catskills, the Capital-Saratoga region, the Adirondacks, the Finger Lakes and Thousand Islands-Seaway, Buffalo, and the Niagara region
Want to experience NYC like a local? Check out Moon New York Walks
. Hitting the road? Try Moon New England Road Trip
About the Author
Like most New Yorkers, Julie Schwietert Collazo took a long time to discover the state beyond "the city so nice they named it twice." When she finally started exploring beyond the five boroughs while on assignment for the BBC, she discovered just how much of America's history can be traced back to New York. She also realized how incredibly diverse the state is, both culturally and geographically. From the Amish country in western New York to the watery Thousand Islands, New York State has so much for travelers to discover.
Together, Julie and her husband, Cuban-born photographer Francisco Collazo, have published work in TIME, Discover, National Geographic Traveler, Scientific American, and numerous other publications. They live in Long Island City with their two children, who both got their passports at one month of age and are accustomed to being packed up and buckled into the seat of a car, plane, or train at a moment's notice.