Not in Stock. Available to Order.
Whether you want to drive the Pacific Coast Highway, camp in a national park, or explore the Mojave Desert, the local Fodor's travel experts in California are here to help Fodor's California guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor's California travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 45 DETAILED MAPS and a FREE PULL-OUT MAP to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, side-trips, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on "Best Celebrity Hangouts in L.A.," "Best Wineries in Napa and Sonoma," "Best Beaches in San Diego," "Best Photo Ops in San Francisco," and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on "What to Eat and Drink," "What to Watch and Read Before You Visit," and "Wine Tasting in Napa and Sonoma"
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Joshua Tree National Park, Death Valley National Park, Napa and Sonoma, the Pacific Coast Highway, Monterey, Route 66, Carmel, Big Sur, Santa Barbara, the Mojave Desert, Palm Springs, Sacramento, and more.
Planning on spending more time in California? Check out Fodor's Los Angeles, Fodor's San Francisco, Fodor's San Diego, and Fodor's Napa & Sonoma.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us