Possibly out of print. Email or call to check availability and price.
Create a strong foundation in pediatric nursing care — and gain empowering skills and confidence — with the fully updated Pediatric Nursing made Incredibly Easy!
®, 3rd Edition.
This fully illustrated, enjoyable guide offers easy-to-remember ways to strengthen your understanding and retention of common pediatric conditions at every level of child development. An irreplaceable on-the-job reference for all new nurses, this go-to resource supports class materials, is the ideal study partner for NCLEX®, HESI or CPN exam preparation, and is an excellent refresher for experienced nurses. Absorb expert knowledge and real-life guidance on pediatric nursing care:
About the Clinical Editor
- NEW and updated content in concise, bulleted format for easy quick-reference
- End-of-book learning support – the “Practice Makes Perfect” practice test that mimics NCLEX® style and content
- Dozens of colorful diagrams and illustrations that outline core terms and concepts, with easy-to-retain definitions and clinical guidance on topics such as:
- The role of the pediatric nurse, family-centered care, and pediatric care standards
- Pediatric pain assessment and management
- Meeting the needs of the hospitalized and special needs child
- Developmental aspects of pediatric care – factors that influence growth and development in infancy, early childhood, middle childhood and adolescence
- Common pediatric conditions affecting different body systems, including problems in the neurologic, cardiovascular, respiratory, urinary, musculoskeletal, gastrointestinal, endocrine and metabolic, hematologic and immunologic, and dermatologic systems
- Infectious diseases and immunizations
- Special chapter features include:
- Just the facts – a quick summary of content at the start of each chapter
- “Nurse Joy and Jake” – expert insights that explain key concepts, provide important care reminders and offer reassurance
- Cultured pearls – insights on unique cultural aspects of care, by cultural group
- Memory joggers – memory aids that help you grasp and retain difficult concepts
- Growing pains – descriptions, expectations and risks for each developmental stage
- It’s all relative – teaching tips and checklists for family education
- Advice from experts – helpful tips and insights from experienced pediatric nurses
- Education edge – teaching tips and checklists for patient education
- Quick quiz – multiple-choice, end-of-chapter questions written in NCLEX® format, followed by answers and rationales
Mikki Meadows-Oliver, PhD, MPH, PNP-BC, RN, is an Assistant Professor at the Yale University School of Nursing and holds a joint clinical appointment at the Pediatric Lead Poisoning Prevention Program at Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut.