THANK YOU FOR HAVING JOINED US!
While there are plenty of books left in stock, the remaining copies are NOT signed.
Join us for the long-awaited new graphic novel from Daniel Clowes (Ghost World and Patience) is a genre-bending thriller from one of the most innovative storytellers of all time.
This is a ticketed, SIGNING-ONLY event! In order to join the signing line you must purchase a copy of Monica from Skylight Books. You can purchase a copy by clicking Add to Cart for Monica below. When you order this way your order will be assigned a signing line ticket, which will be available when you pick up your book.
- This signing will be organized into groups. The earlier you place your order, the earlier your group will be. When you pick up your copy (if you haven't already), you will receive your signing line ticket that has your group designation on it.
- We will begin organizing the signing groups at 6:30 PM. If you are in groups 1 through 4, please plan on arriving on time.
- If you are in a later group, feel free to arrive later than 7 PM, since the groups ahead of you will still be getting their books signed first.
- The signing line will be based on group number, NOT on a first-come, first-served basis, so arriving very early will not benefit you.
- If you arrive after your group number has gotten their books signed, you will be put at the end of the next available group.
- Since the timing will vary based on how quickly books get signed, we are unable to provide specific timing windows for any given group. We anticipate the signing to take at least a couple of hours to complete.
- To respect Daniel Clowes's time, we are limiting the number of items any customer can get signed to 5 items, including the copy of Monica purchased to enter the signing line. It is ultimately up to the author's discretion the quantity and type of items he will sign.
Monica is a series of interconnected narratives that collectively tell the life story — actually, stories — of its title character. Clowes calls upon a lifetime of inspiration to create the most complex and personal graphic novel of his distinguished career. Rich with visual detail, an impeccable ear for language and dialogue, and thrilling twists, Monica is a multilayered masterpiece in comics form that alludes to many of the genres that have defined the medium — war, romance, horror, crime, the supernatural, etc. — but in a mysterious, uncategorizable, and quintessentially Clowesian way that rewards multiple readings.
Five years in the making, Monica marks the apex of creativity from one of the defining voices of the graphic novel boom over the past quarter-century. A new book from Clowes is always a huge event in comics and literary circles; Monica will be the biggest literary event of 2023.
Daniel Clowes is a Harvey, Eisner, Ignatz, and PEN America Literary Award Winner whose comics and graphic novels have been translated into over 20 languages worldwide. He is also an Academy Award nominated screenwriter (for Ghost World), and retrospectives of his work have appeared at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago, the Oakland Museum, and the Wexner Center in Columbus, OH. He lives in Oakland, California, with his wife and son.